By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Springs Resident was killed Friday night after a drunk driver hit their motorcycle while turning in front of them in Pompano Beach. The drunk driver fled the scene, and then tried to cover up the crime.
Benjamin Pirofsky, 30, was traveling southbound on his motorcycle on N. Federal Hwy when Nadia Verdoni, 42, who was driving a Ford SUV northbound in the left turn lane attempted to turn left on a solid green signal into Pirofsky’s path. He attempted to brake, but struck the right rear of the suspect’s car and was ejected from the impact. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
“We’re in shock, the whole place is in shock,” said General Manager Robert Ogust of Vista Volkswagen, where Pirofsky was employed. “We’re a family here, and one of our family members was tragically killed last night.”
After the crash, Verdoni fled the scene. BSO deputies went to her home and found her attempting to conceal the damage to her vehicle by covering the car with a tarp. According to police, Verdonia was determined to have been driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.
Verdoni was arrested and charged with DUI manslaughter, leaving the scene involving death and tampering with evidence.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsFebruary 25, 2024American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life Taking Place in Coral Springs
- EventsFebruary 22, 2024Black History Month Book Fair Celebrates African American Culture
- EventsFebruary 21, 2024Phi Xi Zeta Chapter Celebrates 16 Years in Coral Springs with Tribute to Police
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Coral Glades Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher