By David Russell
The City of Coral Springs has launched a new program to reward residents who have curbside recycling and do it right.
All residents who use a blue roll-out cart placed curbside can participate in the program. Those who register for the program will be randomly selected to have their filled recycling bin (blue cart) checked for contamination on their collection day by a city employee.
If the bin passes a contamination review, the resident will receive a $25 gift card and be highlighted on the city’s social platforms to encourage fellow residents to recycle right.
Reducing recycling contamination will keep the cost of recycling down and allow the city to continue the program. The city’s current contamination rate is at 35% with its goal to reduce contamination to 30% by the end of the summer. To reach this goal, residents need to commit to recycling correctly.
This program is for residents who have curbside recycling. Residents will be randomly selected for cart review; gift cards are limited, not all who register will be selected. For residents who do not have curbside recycling, the city offers recycling collection at several locations throughout the city. Learn more by visiting CoralSprings.org/Recycle.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- A Coral Springs native, Florida State University graduate, and eternal optimist, David strives to find the local hidden gems in South Florida. He has a strong interest in technology, finance, and comedy.
- Events2022.05.18J.P. Taravella Hosts Annual Teen Job Fair in Partnership with the Office of Economic Development
- Events2022.05.01OPENING SOON: New Organic Grocery, Vitamin, and Kosher Market in Coral Springs
- News2022.04.23200 Unit Apartment Complex “Metropolitan At Coral Square” Coming to Coral Springs
- News2022.04.20New Board & Brush Creative Studio Opening in Coral Springs