By: Matt Rothman
After their excellent high school volleyball season, select players from Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Coral Glades, and Coral Springs Charter had the opportunity to participate in the Broward County Athletic Association All-Star Game for the South Team.
They fell 25-23 as the team consisted of Luna Smith, Maria Lugo, Jillian Carroll from MSD, Laila Wooldridge and Andrea Davila from Coral Glades, and Katelin Bilz from Coral Springs Charter.
For MSD volleyball, Smith, Lugo, and Carroll helped lead the Eagles to a spot in the District Championship. After winning only three matches during the regular season, the Eagles defeated Deerfield Beach and Coral Glades to reach the District Final.
Wooldridge and Davila both had a tremendous senior year with the Jaguars. Despite falling to MSD in the postseason, they contributed to the team’s first victory against the Eagles in school history with a 13-5 overall record, while Head Coach Kaitlin Ledbetter had the chance to coach the match.
“It was awesome to see them play in such a competitive game,” said Coach Ledbetter. “I know both my players will do big things in the sport.”
Bilz also had an incredible season for the Panthers in her final year. Despite missing time with an injury, she finished in the top-six on her team in blocks, kills, aces, digs, serve receptions, and assists.
“It meant a lot to be able to play one last game being a senior, and it was a lot of fun playing with other players in the area,” said Bilz. “Also, getting to play a position I don’t normally play was really exciting.”
CSC won their second District Championship in school history and advanced to the Regional Semifinals before falling to Cardinal Gibbons High School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.26J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.26Coral Springs High School Girls Soccer Wins Opening Playoff Game
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.24Coral Springs High School Boys and Girls Basketball Host Senior Night