by Sharon Aron Baron
With only two more weeks to obtain all 10,417 signatures necessary to get on the ballot by petition, drives like this one tonight at Wings Plus in Coral Springs are important for Lamberti and his volunteers. Sure, it would be easy just to pay the qualifying fee of around $10,000, but that would be too easy. Lamberti has been collecting signatures since 2011 and he isn’t finished yet.
This evening’s event was hosted by Karin Hoffman, founder of DC Works for US, which is part of the Tea Party Movement. Several other candidates were also there collecting signatures from registered voters as well, or just visiting with friends.
Just think, someone who is running for school board in District 4 like Louis Kushner only has to get around 1,500 petitions signed. About 8,900 less than Sheriff Lamberti.
It looks a lot easier looking at it from that perspective!
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.23Video: Patient at Broward Health Coral Springs Celebrates 101st Birthday
- News2020.09.23Sawgrass Nature Center Raising Funds for Environmental Education Project for Title 1 Schools
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’