By: Sharon Aron Baron
The sixth Annual WorldFest featured an array of entertainment and foods from around the world. Held at the Sportsplex on April 15th, this event is presented by the Coral Springs Multicultural Advisory Committee.
Besides entertainment and cuisine, there were ethnic cooking demos, live music, arts and crafts, educational activities, a petting zoo with pony rides and a bounce house and slides for the kids.
This year included an event within the event called TeenFest where the teens had their own tent with fun things to do including dance lessons.
Coral Springs Police had a demonstration of their K9 unit. This unit assists the police in calls for service that includes incidents involving armed suspects, in-progress felonies, building/area/article searches and tracking. To ensure that their dogs perform to the highest possible standards, K-9 Teams conduct weekly training and receive annual certifications.
There were a few Coral Springs elected officials in the crowd: Mayor Roy Gold, Vice Mayor Tom Powers, Commissioner Vincent Boccard, and Commissioner Larry Vignola were spotted in the crowd of nearly 6,000 people.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event