By: Sharon Aron Baron
The sixth Annual WorldFest featured an array of entertainment and foods from around the world. Held at the Sportsplex on April 15th, this event is presented by the Coral Springs Multicultural Advisory Committee.
Besides entertainment and cuisine, there were ethnic cooking demos, live music, arts and crafts, educational activities, a petting zoo with pony rides and a bounce house and slides for the kids.
This year included an event within the event called TeenFest where the teens had their own tent with fun things to do including dance lessons.
Coral Springs Police had a demonstration of their K9 unit. This unit assists the police in calls for service that includes incidents involving armed suspects, in-progress felonies, building/area/article searches and tracking. To ensure that their dogs perform to the highest possible standards, K-9 Teams conduct weekly training and receive annual certifications.
There were a few Coral Springs elected officials in the crowd: Mayor Roy Gold, Vice Mayor Tom Powers, Commissioner Vincent Boccard, and Commissioner Larry Vignola were spotted in the crowd of nearly 6,000 people.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.22Effective Immediately Coral Springs COVID-19 Vaccine Site to Requires Proof of Florida Residency
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.20See the Works of Photographer and Filmmaker Cheryl Maeder at the Coral Springs Museum