By Kevin Deutsch
Police investigating a March 3 smash-and-grab vehicle burglary in Coral Springs busted two men for the crime, discovering a trove of stolen property in their possession, authorities said.
Marcus Fullwood, 27, of Northwest 76th Court in Tamarac, is charged with burglarizing an unoccupied conveyance, fraudulent use or possession of another person’s identification, illegal use of a credit card, possession of burglary tools, and multiple counts of petit theft in the case, court records show.
Charges for the second man arrested, Curtis Jones, were not immediately available Saturday.
Nor was bond information available for the men.
The smash-and-grab burglary happened at a daycare facility in the area of the 5800 block of Wiles Road, the police department said in a Facebook post announcing the arrests.
Police did not identify the daycare facility, but Kiddie Academy of Coral Springs is located at 5876 Wiles Rd., records show.
After the crime, police detectives used security camera footage to identify a suspect vehicle with a stolen license plate, the department said.
“Due to the great work of our Burglary Enforcement and Reduction Unit (BEAR), our patrol units, a civilian traffic accident investigator, and the Broward Sheriff’s Office Burglary Apprehension Team (BAT), within a few hours, the vehicle was located, and two suspects were arrested in another city,” police said in their Facebook post. “The suspects had the victim’s property in their possession, which included purses, wallets, credit cards, and AirPods. This is another reminder that the Coral Springs Police take all crimes very seriously. If you do come into Coral Springs to commit a crime, we will find and arrest you. #NotInCS.”
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.05.27EL AL To Open U.S. Headquarters In Margate
- Crime & Safety2022.05.26Coral Springs Man Charged With 2 More Counts of Murder in Crime Spree
- Crime & Safety2022.05.24Man Responsible For Deadly Crime Spree Claimed He Had Bomb, Asked Police to Shoot Him, Records Show
- News2022.05.23Broward County Pandemic Rent Relief Program Expands With New Funding