By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles has just released six new military special license plates honoring Veterans and active military, and not just anyone can get them.
These military plates differ from specialty license plates in that each has unique requirements that must be met, such as proof of service in the armed forces. Forms and documentation are also required for each plate and fees for the plate are assessed according to the weight of the vehicle. Some of the new special license plates can also be personalized.
The six different plates are: the Combat Action Ribbon, Distinguished Flying Cross, Woman Veteran, Air Force Combat Action Medal, Navy Submariner and World War II Veteran.
To order one of the new military special license plates, residents should visit a location nearest them. The World War II Veteran special license plate is only available in Tallahassee. However, local DHSMV and tax collector’s offices can order this license plate on behalf of the customer.
DHSMV now offers 36 military license plates. The designs can be viewed on the department’s website along with links to forms, requirements and a fee schedule. In 2015, there were 90,456 military special license plates issued statewide.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home
- News2021.02.25Congress Reintroduce Bipartisan EAGLES Act Mass Violence Prevention Bill