By: Sharon Aron Baron
The president of the Achievers Toastmaster’s Club in Coral Springs just won the Toastmasters District 47 Division C International and Impromptu Speaking Contests in Boca Raton.
Held on March 18, Godfrey E. McAllister, of North Lauderdale, will now move on to compete in the District Championship on April 23, with the ultimate goal of reaching the Toastmasters World Finals, which will be held in Vancouver August 23 – 26.
“I am delighted and honored to have represented the Achievers Toastmasters Club in the International and Table Topics contests,” said McAllister. “To win both of these highly contested categories is a personal milestone and truly demonstrates the power of Toastmasters to help people take their speaking and leadership skills to the next level. There is no better place to hone your communications talents and reach your full potential.”
McAllister said that his goal is to become the World Champion of Public Speaking, which would be the ultimate reward for surviving six grueling rounds of an international knock-out competition among approximately 30,000 Toastmasters in 142 countries.
The Achievers Toastmasters Club, which meets at the Coral Springs Fire Academy every Wednesday between 7.00 p.m. – 8.30 p.m., is one of the oldest clubs in the 92 year-old Toastmasters International organization, which has 345,000 members in 142 countries.
The Achievers Toastmasters Club is committed to helping people radically improve their personal communication skills in public, and to be able to proudly and professionally represent themselves and their employers.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.02Broward League of Cities Offering Scholarships to 2021 High School Seniors
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch
- News2021.03.01First Church Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Saturday
- News2021.03.01Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution March 3