By: Matt Rothman
It was another terrific event for the Coral Springs Charter wrestling team on Saturday, with four players finishing in the top three.
Once again, eighth-grader Michael Mocco finished in first place at the Stallion Super Slam invitational, held at American Heritage School. In his latest match at the Gillis Strong Invitational on December 17, he went 5-0 after pinning his opponent.
Both Preston Lindsay and Keon Taylor reached the final, while Jaiden Valentin came in third place. As a team, the Panthers finished in seventh place.
“Our team did extremely well, and I couldn’t be more proud,” said Head Coach Eric Perez. “During times of adversity, they work together and help one another achieve their goals.”
Next, the Panthers will compete on January 14-15 at the Coral Springs Duals held at Coral Springs High School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.26J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.26Coral Springs High School Girls Soccer Wins Opening Playoff Game
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.24Coral Springs High School Boys and Girls Basketball Host Senior Night