By: Matt Rothman
While the Coral Glades, Coral Springs Charter, and J.P. Taravella boys basketball all fell in District Championships this week, the teams, who came in as major underdogs, put up a strong effort.
The Jaguars finished the season with a record of 6-17 following wins over Hollywood Hills, Coconut Creek, Piper, CSC, Northeast, and Pompano Beach High School. This was also the final game for senior Bryan Etienne, Brandon Elrod, Daniel Fernandez, and Jayshaun Pringle, as these four players are set to graduate this spring.
“The last game was a culmination of the season- strong effort, but lack of experience got us in the end,” said Head Coach Nicolas Carr. “We only played a handful of games last season due to COVID, and that cost us development. The offseason is ours.
Coral Springs Charter
It was a tough season for the Panthers, who won only one game. It came over for Somerset Academy 55-52 on December 17. CSC will, though, return many key players for the 2022-23 season as Coach Thomas gets set for his second year with the varsity team.
It was an excellent comeback for J.P.Taravella, but it came up a little short as the Trojans fell in their playoff game. The Trojans trailed 56-29, heading into the final quarter, and outscored their opponent 30-18. However, it was not enough as JPT finished the season 7-16.
Also, the incredible careers of Fernando Garrido, Jeremy Stewart, James Dixson, Arturo Meeks, Dorsainvil Jean Jr., and Le’jaugh Franklyn came to and ended after a great run.
“With all these wins and lessons throughout the season, we are pleased with the first building block,” said Head Coach Curtis Bonny. “The future of Taravella’s basketball program is built on because we are built different,”
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.24Coral Springs High School Football Wins Spring Game
- News2022.05.23Godfrey Records Walk-Off Hit to Win Regionals For CSC in Final Home At-Bat
- News2022.05.21State Champs! Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd Consecutive Year
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game