By: Matt Rothman
Along with other programs at Coral Glades High School, the varsity baseball team has taken it to the next level and is a constant threat to win Districts every season.
Despite only winning three of their first eight games this season, Head Coach Joe Franco could not be happier for his team and the seniors he had on his squad.
This was Coach Franco’s first graduating class for him since he took over the program four years ago.
Cole Lea, Jacob Tarbet, Gavin Werner, Jose Greiner, Gabe DaSilva, and Max Penagos were part of the team during the years that won them two district championships and helped the Jaguars make two regionals appearances.
Both Tarbet and Penagos will continue their baseball career collegiately as Tarbet is set to play for ASA Miami Junior College while Penagos is heading to Palm Beach State College.
Coral Glades also had another senior on the team this season in Osduar Moreno, who appeared in two games and did not allow a run in his first year on the team.
The Jaguars are set next year to return much of their pitching, with Tabet being the lone senior to be a starter. He had a win in five games this year and has seven career varsity wins.
However, they have plenty to replace offensively as their seniors drove in ten runs this season. Lea had one of the best seasons ever in school history last year when he hit .436 as many positions will be open come the new year.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.283 Coral Springs Baseball Players 4A State Champions For North Broward Prep
- News2021.05.22CHAMPIONS AGAIN: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd State Championship in 6 Years
- News2021.05.21BREAKING: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball 1 Win Away From State Championship
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final