By: Matt Rothman
After a historic season last year where Coral Glades baseball won their second consecutive District Championship, the Jaguars started 2020 with a dominating 19-4 win at home.
The game ended after the run-rule was in effect, as Andrei Juhasz led Coral Glades. He had three hits, including his first home run of the season and drove in four runs.
Jonny Melnick and Trace Thelwell each chipped in two RBI’s. Gabriel DaSilva and Cole Lea both had two hits in the 15-run win.
On the mound, Coral Glades used three pitchers in the four innings. Elijah Leon made the start and pitched two innings with Emanuel Sohit, earning the win out of the bullpen. Thelwell also pitched an inning and recorded three outs.
Head Coach Joseph Franco believes overall, he has a terrific team. They play aggressively on the base paths, which showed Tuesday night as they went 4-4 stealing bases.
“We have a gritty type of team that is going to play hard and compete the entire game,” said Franco.
The Jaguars won went 13-5-1 last season and hoping to build off that. They have had a winning record in each of the past four seasons but will have a challenging schedule this season.
Their next game will be on Thursday, February 20 at Olympic Heights High in Boca Raton at 6:30 p.m. Their next home game will be against Santaluces in Lantana on February 25, with the first pitch scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship
- News2022.05.15A.J. Prendergast Wraps Up Historic High School Career with Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.14Former Coral Springs Charter Football Player Calvin Jackson Jr Signs 1st Professional Contract