By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades star catcher Jack Kollwitz is officially committed to playing college baseball at Mississippi Valley State.
Kollwitz began playing baseball when he was seven and competed for teams in Coral Springs and Margate. He has been a part of the varsity baseball team at Coral Glades for the last two years and became a full-time starter this past year when 315 with an on-base percentage of .426 while the team won 11 games.
“I feel extremely blessed knowing I’m going D1 for baseball,” Kollwitz said. “ All my hard work has finally paid off. I would like to thank my family, friends, and all of my coaches throughout the years, especially Coach Franco, for having faith in me and pushing me to the next level.”
Head Coach Joe Franco says he is so proud of Kollwitz for the work he has put in not only as a player but as a student as well over his career at Coral Glades.
“Jack has grown up in our program from his freshman to his senior year,” Franco said. “He’s going to do great things at the D1 level, and Mississippi Valley State is getting not only a great ball player and student but an even better person to represent their program.”
When looking at where to play in college, Kollwitz wanted to play Division I baseball and hopes to become the best version of himself academically and athletically. He will join a team that won 15 games last year but still has one more year left on varsity. Coral Glades is set to open the season on February 21 against Stranahan High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Brianna Godfrey Nearly Perfect in Debut With Maryland