By: Matt Rothman
If there was any more indication that Coral Glades has become a premium high school football team, then three seniors being selected to the Broward-Miami Dade All-Star Game should be enough.
Joshua Guerin, JoJo Rispoli, and Dylan Knaebel played for Broward in their 40-22 win. These three players were all part of the varsity football team that helped them reach the State Playoffs for the first time in school history.
“To be given recognition and respect and be able to represent my school and team has been a wonderful experience,” said Guerin. “It’s been great to extend my high school football career, even if it is for only a couple [of] days, and I’m truly enjoying every moment of it.”
Guerin was the leading receiver for the Jaguars. He recorded 727 yards and eight touchdowns and recently received his first Division II offer from West Virginia Wesleyan College.
For Rispoli, not only was he a star defensively, but the senior ran the ball 3o times for 287 yards and five touchdowns. He was also the teams leading tackler with 43. Lastly, Knaebel finished with 1,800 yards, 20 passing touchdowns, and three rushing scores.
— Dylan 🌐 (@DylanKnaebel) January 10, 2022
“I believe it’s an honor to be selected in this game,” Knaebel said. “It’s a very prestigious game that has gone on for decades. I love the competition, and it really shows me where I stand with the great athletes Broward and Dade always produces.”
All three of these players will undoubtedly have the chance to play at the next level in college after graduating this spring and go down as some of the top players in school history.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.26J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.26Coral Springs High School Girls Soccer Wins Opening Playoff Game
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.24Coral Springs High School Boys and Girls Basketball Host Senior Night