By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Glades High School wants you to “Smile” and attend the latest musical production by their drama department taking place February 26 through the 28th.
Loosely based upon the film of the same name, “Smile” is a little known Broadway musical by composer Marvin Hamlisch. Set in the 1980’s at the Young American Miss Pageant, the show’s catchy tunes and soaring melodies underscore hope, heartbreak and hilarity as young hopefuls pursue the crown.
The Coral Glades drama department faces extra challenges in preparation for their plays because they don’t have their own auditorium on campus. “Smile” will be presented at JP Taravella High School, which gives the crew very little time to create the sets.
“It’s been a bit of a challenge to have less than a week to actually work on the stage,” said Samantha Gaynor, publicity director and cast member. “Despite our unique situation, I think we’ve been able to put together a production that we can all be really proud of.”
Showtimes are February 26 and 27 at 7 p.m and February 27 and 28 at 2 p.m. at JP Taravella High School. Tickets are available at the door for $10 for students and seniors; $15 for adults; and $8 for groups of 20 or more.
“Being a part of Smile has been such an amazing experience. The cast and technical designers are so talented and it’s been a pleasure to work with everyone. Since Smile isn’t the most well-known show, I’m excited to see everyone’s reactions to it after seeing it for the first time ever,” said Gaynor.
For more information contact [email protected]. JP Taravella High School is located at 10600 Riverside Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33071.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2021.03.05No Injuries Reported After Firefighters Quickly Put Out Fire in Coral Springs Home
- Events2021.03.05Next Stop Broadway is Back with Singing, Dancing, and Acting Classes March – May 2021
- Events2021.03.04Coral Springs Residents May Qualify for Free Tax Help Through Broward Tax Pro
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show