By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades defender DJ Pauling officially announced his commitment to attend St. Thomas University in Miami.
“They made me feel at home, and the coaches at STU talked to me a lot during the process of picking schools,” said Pauling. “Also, they have a great team, good staff, and strong education, so that’s how I made the decision.”
Pauling began playing football with the Bova Braves and spent two years on the varsity football team. He played four years on varsity, helping the Jaguars to the State Playoffs for the first time in 2021. This past season, Pauling made 30 tackles and had five sacks.
“DJ deserves it,” said Head Coach Cam Thomas. “He has been a four-year starter and team captain for the last two years. I only promised him a chance to play college football if he handled his business, and he did so.”
Pauling says he for him to be successful at the next level, he wants to improve his pass-rush abilities and hand placement. St. Thomas recently came off a season where they went 10-1 and will play with four high school football players from Coral Springs High School.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coral Springs High School Girls Lacrosse Win 1st Game Since 2021 on Senior Night
- News2023.03.196 Coral Springs Track and Field Athletes Win BCAA Championships
- News2023.03.18Coral Springs Charter Boys and Girls Tennis Defeat Cardinal Gibbons
- News2023.03.17Coral Springs High School Varsity Baseball Wins 4th Game; JV Team Records 3rd Win