By: Matt Rothman
The Panthers came with a 7-6 lead at halftime on a touchdown from Trevor Catronio before the game was halted. CSC then their opponent 17-0 in the second half.
Mason Phillips scored his first touchdown on a pass from Ryan O’Keefe to make it 14-6. Jose Renendiz added a field goal before Phillips picked off a pass and returned it for a score.
For Head Coach Chris Haire, his team’s goal was to go 3-0 during their stretch of three games in seven days.
“They continue to be ready for each challenge we face, said Coach Haire. “They are accepting the challenge and rising to the occasion. It was a total team effort, and we are excited to keep looking forward.”
It was also senior night when these teams started the game with Noah Fernandez, Resendiz, Phillips, Matthew Gordon, Brock Wilson, Ryan Huber, Andrew Lustigman, Austin Scaperrotta, Daniel Ramos, Nicholas Zilka, and Owyn Vargas were all honored before kickoff.
With the win, the Panthers improve to 4-1. Up next, CSC will be right back in action on Thursday, October 7, when the Panthers travel to play Northeast High School at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship