By: Matt Rothman
After a solid regular season, the Coral Springs Charter girls bowling team advanced to the State Championship following their second-place finish in districts.
Head Coach Andy Groothius is extremely proud of how his team started from scratch while bonding and supporting each other frame by frame.
“These girls are exactly what you’d want them to be,” said Head Coach Andy Groothius. “Look at them now, second place in the district and a shot at the State Championship.”
The Panthers competed against several of the top bowling teams in Broward County and were led by Danielle Lucas, who bowled in 26 games and knocked over 3,673 pins. She also has averaged a 141 this ear and a high score of 195.
Alexis Diaz and Alexis Trejo each knocked over 2,500 pins and had averages above 100. Faith Tucker finished fourth in pins while Natalie Torres bowled in 24 games for 1,800.
Coral Springs Charter finished the regular season with a record 34-5. Next, they will head to States starting on Tuesday, November 2, in Orlando at the Boardwalk Bowl Entertainment Center.
For the boys, they had their season end after finishing in third place. They did not qualify individually for States but saw fantastic seasons from their three seniors in Dalton Mason, Ryan Ugalde, and Christian Escalona, who combined for 8,664 pins.
Tyler Harris also had a terrific season and led the team with an average of 189, while Rashad Bhaijii and Derek Lai each bowled in over 20 matches this season.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Quarterback Tyler Goodman Honored With Perseverance Award in College
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Charter Girls Soccer Wins 4th Game in a Row Wednesday Night
- News2021.11.18J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Team Holds Car Wash This Weekend
- News2021.11.17Hines Scores Twice Leading Coral Glades Boys Soccer to 1st Win