By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs will remember the victims and honor heroes of 9/11 with a ceremony on social media.
On Friday, September 11, 2020, at 10 a.m., the Coral Springs City Commission, Coral SpringsPolice, and Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department will be part of an online pre-recorded ceremony via social media and CityTV, Blue Stream Channels 25, 25.2, 725, and on AT&T U-Verse Channel 99.
“Organizing this year’s 9/11 Ceremony is different from past years, and though we are unable to gather in person, it is important to pause, reflect and remember what we faced as a nation and what we lost on that fateful day,” said Senior Pension Administrator Gina Orlando, who has coordinated 9/11 remembrance activities and events since the tragedy.
Mayor Scott Brook, who is participating in the virtual ceremony, commended Gina’s long-standing commitment in honoring the victims and survivors of 9/11.
“The City of Coral Springs remains committed, as always, to ensuring our community never forgets what happened on that fateful day. From student essay contests, 5K runs, scholarships and a visit from the 9/11 Never Forget Mobile Exhibit, as a united community, we have shown how the American spirit has prevailed for the last 19 years. Although virtual, our ceremony will be impactful and meaningful.”
A wreath will be placed in front of the 9/11 Monument located at the Northwest Regional Library at 3151 North University Drive.
Residents and their families are invited to pay their respects at the monument throughout September 11.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.19Girl Scouts Receive Funding from Coral Springs Community Chest
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Police School Resource Officer Arrested for Solicitation of a Minor
- News2021.01.1916th Annual Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Rescheduled
- News2021.01.19Deadline to Nominate a Coral Springs Resident for Black History Month is Jan 26