By: Matt Rothman
This tournament, run by former college coach Charles Hendrix, brings together teams from Florida and Georgia to compete during the holiday break.
The Colts defeated Pine Forest High School 77-74 in overtime on Tuesday in the first game. Leading the way for CSHS was Allen Mathieu, with 27. Greg Spate added 18 points and eight rebounds while Jonathan Fils scored 14 and dished out five assists.
“This was a great experience for us,” said Head Coach Devin Barta. “We got to play a team that played a different brand of basketball, and we were able to come back and win in overtime.”
In their next game on Wednesday, CSHS defeated Royal Palm Beach High School 52-42. Spate was the high scorer in this game with 15, including a highlight-reel dunk.
— Team Breakdown (@TeamBreakdown) December 29, 2021
Next, the Colts will resume their season in the new year when they take on Cardinal Gibbons on Tuesday, January 4 at Cardinal Gibbons. This year, the Chiefs are 9-1 and won the last meeting between these two schools 65-62 in 2019.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.21Marjory Stoneman Douglas Star Offensive Lineman Aris Skarecki Makes College Pick
- News2022.01.20Jeremiah Denis Goes 8-0 for Coral Springs High School Wrestling
- News2022.01.16CSC’s Chris Haire Coaches Inaugural Battle at The Beach All-Star Game
- News2022.01.15Coral Springs Charter’s Dalton Mason Wins the Senior Bowl Tournament