By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School Football team, now coached by former All-Pro fullback in the NFL, Leonard Weaver, is trying to raise $70,000 for a project rebuild fundraiser.
The Colts are hoping to change the culture at CSHS as the team is coming off back-to-back losing seasons, and hired Weaver earlier this year to replace Terrence Butler.
Funds raised will pay for travel to away games, a nutritionist, workout packets for each player, uniforms, padding for sleds, college visits, and video/audio department.
The team also would like to remodel the field house, install rubber flooring, add 60 lockers, a locker room, coaches’ offices, and school materials for class.
“In order for success to become reality, its foundation needs to have the right support,” Weaver said.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Rivalry Night: Coral Springs Charter Football Faces Off Against J.P. Taravella
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Dominates Pig Bowl: Coral Springs Principal Kisses the Pig
- NewsSeptember 28, 20234 Middle School Cross Country Teams Compete in Race
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Casullo Remains Confident in Young Coral Glades Football Team