By Matt Rothman
Former Coral Springs High School football guard Steve Hutchinson was formally inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday.
Hutchinson, who attended CSHS from 1993-1996, went into the Hall of Fame as a 2020 member; however, due to COVID-19, he was inducted alongside the 2021 Class.
In attendance was former teammate and Coral Springs resident Don Calloway. Hutchinson could not be more thankful for him and his teammates for taking a “lost freshman” under their wings and showing him the ropes.
“To all my high school coaches, thank you for teaching us that football is the ultimate team game and setting the foundation for being disciplined and tough players,” said Hutchinson in Canton, Ohio.
Before going pro, Hutchinson spent four seasons at the University of Michigan. He was a four-year team captain, four-year All-Big Ten selection, Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year, and a two-time All-American — including unanimous First-Team All-American Honors as a senior in 2000.
He was drafted with the 17th pick in the 2001 NFL draft by the Seattle Seahawks, where he spent five seasons, making his lone trip to the Super Bowl blocking for Shaun Alexander in his MVP Season.
He went on to sign a seven-year deal worth $49 million with the Minnesota Vikings before closing his career out with the Tennesse Titans, where he went to the Pro Bowl every season from 2003-2009.
Hutchinson is married to his high school sweetheart Landyn. They have two kids Lily and Luke and reside in Nashville. Hutchinson visited CSHS two months ago and even has his own trophy case displayed in the cafeteria.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship