By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Vice Mayor Dan Daley, has accepted a position with a Fort Lauderdale business law firm with over 260 attorneys in cities across the State of Florida.
Shutts & Bowen recently announced the addition of Daley to its Business Litigation, Land Use/Zoning and Equine practice groups in the firm’s Fort Lauderdale office.
“We are extremely pleased Dan is joining the firm. His commitment to the community and his experience in Tallahassee is invaluable,” said Joseph M. Goldstein, Managing Partner of the Fort Lauderdale office of Shutts & Bowen and a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group.
Daley previously worked for the Florida House of Representatives as a Legislative Aide to State Representative Ari Abraham Porth. In this role, he contributed to the successful passing of the Jeffrey Klee Memorial Act, which eliminated the statute of limitations on murder or manslaughter in civil cases. He also worked in support of programs to help the homeless and legislation that led to the creation of the Office of the Inspector General in Broward County, a position that targets government waste and corruption.
Before enrolling in law school, Daley was elected to the City Commission in November 2012. He was reelected unopposed in 2014 and was named Vice Mayor in November 2015. He is the youngest person ever elected to office in Coral Springs.
Daley earned his bachelor’s degree in political science and criminology from Florida State University. He received his J.D. from Shepard Broad College of Law at Nova Southeastern University. While in law school, Daley interned with Judge Melanie May, in Fourth District Court of Appeal.
He currently serves as Second Vice President of the Broward League of Cities and as the Urban Administration Policy Committee Chair of the Florida League of Cities.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.25Chicken Salad Chick Coral Springs Opens with Delicious Giveaways
- News2021.01.24Rook This Way! Coral Springs Holding Open Play Chess on January 27
- News2021.01.24Sharpen Public Speaking Skills with Coral Springs Chamber’s New Toastmasters International Club
- News2021.01.23Coral Springs Crime and Arrests Through January 19