By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs-based Phi Xi Zeta chapter joins chapters around the world celebrating the 100th anniversary of Zeta Phi Beta Incorporated.
Founded in 1920, Zeta Phi Beta is a women’s service organization based on the principals of Scholarship, Service, Sisterhood, and Finer Womanhood. Chartered in 2008, the Coral Springs’ Phi Xi Zeta chapter will celebrate the centennial at an awards luncheon recognizing an individual from the community for their leadership and service impacting education in Broward County.
“The women of Phi Xi Zeta are committed to the advancement of young people, education for all, and positively impacting our community,” said Delcenia Jones, second vice president. “Our desire to recognize champions within the community, who, like our organization, work every day to ensure a better tomorrow, could not be stronger.”
The chapter is accepting nominating applications for individuals that possess outstanding career or community accomplishments that have demonstrated excellence in leadership by championing the advancement of education and or educational platforms while advocating for other individuals strive to do the same.
Phi Xi Zeta chapter and its members operate many cultural, community, and educational programs in Broward County. This chapter has built strong relationships with many organizations such as the Adopt-A-School initiative at Morrow Elementary, Kids In Distress, and HOPE South Florida. Members regularly participate in youth development programs, fundraising to support charities, food and clothing drives to assisting needy families, and the Zeta Helping Other People Excel (Z-Hope) initiative.
“Broward is a tapestry of culture, kindness, and community. We are confident that some amazing individuals will be brought to our attention as we accept nominations for our inaugural Community Leader of the Year Change Maker Award,” said Jones.
Phi Xi Zeta chapter asks the public to submit nomination applications for the Community Leader of the Year Change Maker Awards by Friday, January 31, 2020. To receive a nomination application, email the chapter at email@example.com. For more information about Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated, please visit www.zphib1920.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video