By: Matt Rothman
Entering the new year, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls soccer team earned a crucial win over Coral Glades to snap a three-game losing streak.
The Eagles currently hold a record of 4-4-1 but are 2-0 in districts.
After a hat-trick in the Eagles win over Monarch High School, Krystina Masihy continues to lead the team in goals with seven and has two helpers this season. She also had one of the team’s five goals Friday night against Coral Glades.
Molly Conn scored twice and assisted on Shannon Mceachern’s first goal of the season. Raquel Alvarado also scored her second this year in the win.
For the rest of the team, Emily Burke Is just one of four players to have more than one goal this season. However, they have four other players to score at least one goal in Mia Newberg, Sam Novik, Alexis Reigel, and Kayli Hendry. Also, Skylar Lund leads the team with four assists, and both Grace Keane and Chloe Rogers each have one to get in on the scoring.
In net, Carly Brodsky has received the majority of the work and, in seven games, has only allowed ten goals. In four games, Jessica Cummings has only given up two goals, as the defense of MSD continues to limit the opposition to low-quality scoring chances.
Up next, the Eagles will have three games on consecutive days next week, beginning in Pompano Beach on Tuesday, January, 13. They will then travel to play North Broward Prep the following day on the road before a district game in Parkland against Coral Springs High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.11.21Coral Springs High School Football Team Finish Regular Season with 53-0 Win
- News2020.11.21Coral Glades High School Football Wins Final Regular Season Game
- News2020.11.153 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Players Sign with College Teams
- News2020.11.14Coral Springs Charter Football Stuns Cypress Bay For First Win