By Kevin Deutsch
Homicide detectives are seeking the public’s help in identifying the person or people who shot a 19-year-old Coral Springs man, who crashed into a tree after being shot and later died, authorities said.
Bryan Fonseca, 19, was driving a black 2018 Mercedes Benz AMG C43 in Deerfield Beach around 7 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 12, when “two unknown suspects approached and shot” him, according to a Crime Stoppers reward poster.
The suspects fled the scene after shooting Fonseca, who, as a result of being shot, crashed the Mercedes Benz into a tree at the Heritage Circle Condominiums, 4354 Northwest 9th Ave, according to the Crime Stoppers poster and the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
When BSO deputies arrived at the crime scene, they found Fonseca unresponsive. BSO Fire Rescue responded, and Fonseca was taken to Broward Health North.
BSO’s Violent Crimes Unit was called out to investigate the shooting. On Friday, Feb. 2, Fonseca was pronounced dead, and the case was turned over to BSO’s Homicide Unit, according to BSO.
Investigators are asking anyone with information in the case, including the identity or location of the shooter or shooters, to call BSO Homicide Detective John McGlynn at 786-535-5033 or to submit a tip through the SaferWatch app.
Tipsters who wish to remain anonymous can call Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477), submit a tip online at browardcrimestoppers.org, or dial **TIPS (8477) from any cellphone in the United States.
Any information that leads to an arrest in the case is eligible for a Broward Crime Stoppers reward of up to $5,000.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsFebruary 23, 2024Meadow’s Playground at Chabad of Coral Springs to Double in Size Thanks to $50K Donation
- Crime & SafetyFebruary 22, 2024Coral Springs Police Stamp Out Crime in Postal Pilferage Plot
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Coral Springs Teen Overcomes Disability to Realize Basketball Dreams
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Kilwins Coral Springs Owner Dan Bruck Honored With MLK Monument Award