By: Matt Rothman
Former J.P. Taravella pitcher Colby Lipovsky saved one of his best performances of the season for his final start in the National Junior College Athletic Association World Series.
Facing off against the fifth-ranked team, Lipovsky picked up the win on the mound for Florida State Jacksonville after throwing 7.1 scoreless innings. The 2021 graduate from J.P. Taravella struck out six to help his team move on to the World Series Semifinals. Lipovsky finished the season with three wins and struck 48 hitters in 46.2 innings. His team eventually came in third in the World Series.
He is currently playing summer ball and picked up the win after recording four outs in the Martinsville Mustangs.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.06.29Coral Glades Baseball Helps Out Travel Team at Summer Camp
- News2022.06.29J.P. Taravella’s Derek Rodriguez Commits to Play College Baseball in Miami
- News2022.06.263 Coral Glades Football Players Set to Play at Same College
- News2022.06.222 J.P. Taravella Track and Field Athletes Shine at Nationals