By: Jen Russon
After losing their athletic director to COVID-19, Taravella High School hosts a blood drive to help restore critically low levels of life-saving blood.
Principal Mary DeArmas said the school is working with One Blood, and it’s not too late for those 16 and up to register online.
Parents are advised to print out and bring this consent form for minors who wish to donate.
“Our very dear Athletic Director, Jason Stein, passed away due to COVID complications. We have had a few blood drives in his memory to help the athletic department at JPT and to provide a scholarship in his name,” said DeArmas.
She added that for students, donating blood this Thursday is a good way to earn service hours.
All donors at the blood drive receive a wellness check-up and a $25 gift card. Walk-ins are welcome. One Blood will be at the school from 9:30 to 3:30 p.m. on May 20, 2021, located at 10600 Riverside Dr in Coral Springs.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2022.01.10J.P. Taravella Kicks Off its Jason Stein Memorial Baseball Field Campaign at Upcoming Game
- News2022.01.07Broward Interim Superintendent Cartwright Answers Pressing Questions at Meet and Chat Event
- Events2021.12.16Coral Springs Community Garden Hosting December Plant Sale
- Events2021.12.156 Coral Springs Girl Scouts Host Garage Sale to Pay for Long-Awaited Georgia Trip