By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades High School star wide receiver Michael Remy officially announced he has committed to continuing his football career at Eastern New Mexico University in the fall of 2021.
Remy has been a big asset, turning Coral Glades into one of the better teams in Broward County. For Remy, though, he is just so thankful for everyone who has helped him get to this point, including his mother, Crystal George, Coach Cam Thomas, and the entire coaching staff.
“It means a lot to me to officially commit,” Remy said. “It took a lot of work from my coaches that mentored me. I am excited to show my skills off and show what I can really do at the next level.”
A Coral Springs resident, Remy only began playing flag football in seventh grade at Sawgrass Middle School. The first time he put on the pads and played tackle football was in ninth grade.
Remy has become one of the top receivers in the county entering the postseason this season. He had caught ten passes for 127 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
“Michael is a great young man,” Coach Thomas said. “He is a great kid on the field and in the classroom. He has a great future ahead of him and made a great choice committing tonight. I wish him all the best going forward, and he definitely deserves it.”
Remy gets another chance to play on Friday, December 11, as Coral Glades takes on Wellington High School in the 7A Silver consolation bracket.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision