By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Friday, our April Fool’s Day joke went viral and received over 90,000 hits. A few residents were initially fooled, but many were on their guard, after all, it was April Fool’s Day.
The good sports in all of this? Coral Springs Mayor Walter “Skip” Campbell and Parkland’s Mayor Michael Udine. Despite all of the calls they received, they had a good time and showed what a great sense of humor they both have.
There were a few people calling their city halls, so the City of Parkland issued a message to their residents which prompted the Sun-Sentinel to write a story. Although many people thought it was funny and got the gag, a few people were not so happy. One angry realtor had a client who threatened to cancel his closing in Parkland if his home was now going to be in the City of Coral Springs.
Another person who doesn’t even live in the area wrote, “How unprofessional and irresponsible. As an elementary teacher for 42 years I thought jokes like this were for 9 year olds and people younger…this is disgusting and not funny at all.” She later added that employees at Parkland City Hall were tied up answering calls all day, however, Todd DeAngelis, city spokesman told the Sun Sentinel that they only received seven phone calls.
Some of the feedback we received:
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee