By: Sharon Aron Baron
A popular elementary school principal has just announced he is leaving one Broward County Public school for another.
Thomas “Rick” Redshaw who has been principal at Park Trails Elementary School in Parkland for the past six years, just announced he will be leaving, but he won’t be going far: he will be the new principal of Eagle Ridge Elementary in Coral Springs.
“It is with both heaviness of heart and immense pride that I compose this letter to all. Heaviness of heart due to the fact that I am soon to leave Park Trails Elementary, but immense pride to be chosen by my superiors to lead an elementary school in need.”
“I have known Mr Redshaw for years, both throughout the community, and as principal for my kids,” said Parkland Mayor Michael Udine. “He is caring, firm and fair. He is a great story teller and always has wise words for the kids and parents. He will be missed by our community, but will be a fantastic addition to the Eagle Ridge community.”
In his letter to staff and parents, Redshaw said that it was honorable to have been chosen by his superiors, but in no way compares to the honor of having been the principal of Park Trails Elementary School for the past six years.
“To Eagle Ridge Elementary, I will take with me all of the experiences you have afforded me, the knowledge I’ve gained, the memories that have been made, and the energy that exudes from every pore of Park Trails to use throughout my life and career. I thank you all for that.”
Eagle Ridge Elementary is located at 11500 Westview Drive. No word at press time why current Principal Marina Rashid will no longer be with the school.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.24Coral Springs Police Seek 2 Suspects Who Conned Victim in Lottery Scam
- News2020.09.23Video: Patient at Broward Health Coral Springs Celebrates 101st Birthday
- News2020.09.23Sawgrass Nature Center Raising Funds for Environmental Education Project for Title 1 Schools
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3