By Kevin Deutsch
Get ready to help Florida animals in need.
Sawgrass Nature Center and Wildlife Hospital will hold its 24th Annual Benefit on Saturday, Nov. 12, organizers announced.
The “Be the Change Gala” begins at. 6 p.m. at The Country Club of Coral Springs, 10800 W. Sample Road. The event will feature cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, a gourmet dinner, dessert, and silent and live auctions.
Established in 1995, the Sawgrass Nature Center and Wildlife Hospital is a private, non-profit organization.
Located on five acres of land in the Sportsplex in Coral Springs, the nature center attracts visitors of all ages who observe birds, mammals, reptiles, and native plants, while learning to appreciate the beauty of nature in South Florida.
The organization’s animal hospital and staff provide care for injured, sick, and orphaned wild native birds, mammals, and reptiles.
In 2021, the organization gave over 1,400 native Florida animals a second chance at life and reached over 34,000 people through its visitor center and social media, sharing a message of environmental stewardship.
“We need your support to be able to continue to treat native wildlife in need and provide environmental education and volunteer opportunities for the South Florida community,” the organization said in a letter to potential gala attendees and donors.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.22Coral Springs Crime Update: 19K Robbery and Car Burglaries
- News2022.12.17Coral Springs Crime Update: Car Burglaries and 41K Fraud
- Crime & Safety2022.12.14Coral Springs Man Faces Attempted Murder Charge for Shooting in Margate
- Crime & Safety2022.12.12Man Shoots Ex-Girlfriend’s New Beau in Coral Springs