Broward Sheriff Al Lamberti and Coral Springs City Commissioner and Mayoral Candidate Vincent Boccard held a Meet and Greet where they rallied their supporters for the upcoming election in November.
Held last week at the Eagle Trace Country Club, Lamberti told supporters that he was the only person to get on ballot for a countywide election with a candidate petition, saving $11,000 in filing fees. Lamberti said he not only collected 11,000 petitions needed, but an additional 5,000 as well.
Lamberti was named Sheriff of Broward County by Governor Charlie Crist in 2007 after Sheriff Ken Jenne was indicted on federal corruption charges. He has risen through the ranks starting in 1977 as a Detention Deputy. He went on to become a Road Patrol Deputy, then a Road Patrol Sergeant in the North Broward and Lauderdale Lakes districts.
Lamberti then became Lieutenant and Captain in the Organized Crime Division. In January 1990, he assumed the position of District Chief in Deerfield Beach. He was promoted to the rank of Major in 1998. Lamberti then went on to serve as Interim Chief of Police for the cities of Hollywood and North Lauderdale.
One year after his appointment, Lamberti was Elected the 17th Sheriff of Broward County in 2008.
He runs against Scott Israel on November 6th.
Broward Sheriff’s Offices oversee 17 districts including the Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood Int’l Airport and the Broward County Courthouse. BSO does not oversee the Coral Springs Police Department although residents still pay for their countywide services in their taxes.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses