By: Jen Russon
Good luck abounded at Northwest Medical Center on St. Patrick’s Day, when two bundles of joy were delivered on Tuesday, giving folks a reason to smile during a harrowing month for communities dealing with COVID-19.
“We’re so excited to share these joyous moments with families, especially when we can make them even more special around celebrations,” said Roxanne Bernard, Director of Women’s Services at Northwest Women’s Hospital.
The two babies born at Northwest on March 17 were a 9 lbs., 8 oz. boy named Michael, and a little girl named Annabelle, weighing in at 7 lbs, 13 oz.
Both of the little shamrocks measured in at 20 and 20.5 inches long, respectively.
The infants arrived before 11 a.m. for a top o’ the mornin’ type surprise for Michael’s parents, Tiffany and Michael, as well as Annabelle’s mom and dad, Elizabeth and James.
When expectant parents choose Northwest to deliver, they benefit from the $75 million expansion the hospital underwent in 2016. Located in Margate, families come from all over to be treated at the revamped medical campus which is close to Coral Springs and Parkland.
To date, the completed expansion/renovation of Northwest includes a “bigger and better” maternity unit, medical/surgical unit, dedicated pediatric ER and expanded Level III NICU.
Due to heightened safety and precautionary measures against COVID-19, visitation rules to Northwest have been updated. Patients are limited to one visitor per day, age 16 and older.
The only overnight visitors allowed are on pediatrics, NICU and labor, and delivery wards.
Visitors may come to Northwest Medical Center from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and will be screened before contact is made with patients. For the most up to date visitor guidelines, visit northwestmed.com/covid-19/.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.07.26Meet J.P. Taravella’s New Band Director at Dessert Event
- Events2021.07.26New Principal at Forest Glen Middle Invites Students to Attend ‘Wildcat Academy’
- Events2021.07.23‘We Won’t Pay Rent!’ Teen Cast Prepares for Opening Night of Award-Winning Musical
- Events2021.07.17United Way of Broward County Hopes to Train 300 Volunteers for ‘ReadingPals’ Literacy Program