By: Sharon Aron Baron
We are pleased to present our Limerick contest winner and honorable mentions. Thanks so much for entering. The first place winner receives a $50 gift card to Wings Plus to use for the upcoming St Patrick’s Day celebration or any other day of the year.
The topic was local and national politics and we received quite a few about Donald Trump. Here are our our top picks:
First Place: Submitted by Merry Gaeta
Pretty soon we’ll all have to choose
Between Rubio, Trump or Ted Cruz.
So make a wise choice
Let the world hear your voice.
This election is one we can’t lose.
Submitted by Michelle Morse
What’s Springs public art all about?
I’m trying to figure it out.
Twisted metal and tile,
An egg with a smile,
And beasts made from junk folks threw out.
Submitted by Carie Piccirillo
There once was a man named Trump.
Whose big hotels were a dump.
All the millions he spent.
As he ran for president.
Had us all hoping he’d fall on his rump.
Submitted by Joe Stern
A man named Trump once ran
For the biggest job in the land
His words were not kind
But his fans didn’t mind
And had no clue what he had planned
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.03.08Just Announced: City Hosts Free ‘Hoppin’ into Springs’ Egg Hunt
- News2021.03.08Leadership Broward Launches ‘Follow the Leader in You’ Program for 8th-Grade Students
- News2021.03.08Check Out Open Play Chess in Coral Springs on March 10
- News2021.03.08Coral Springs Expands Recycling Options with New Mullins Park Location