By: Matt Rothman
Within a week, two of the greatest former Coral Springs Charter softball players have decided to transfer to new colleges.
Lindsey Garcia was a 2019 CSC graduate and will play her final year at Clemson. She won six state State Champions with the Panthers, including five in softball, and started her college career in a Power-5 Conference at Auburn
In college, Garcia hit .270 with 21 home runs, including ten as a senior. She also had 94 RBIs and scored 82 runs. This comes after leading the Panthers to a record of 144-7 during her high school career, where she hit 23 home runs, was a 2019 MaxPreps First Team All-American, 2019 Florida Dairy Farmers Miss Softball, and was on the 2019 PGF All-American Watch List.
Garcia had the chance to play against Clemson this past season in Regionals. While Garcia got the upper hand, she is set to play for a team that finished the season with 49 wins before falling to the eventual National Champion, Oklahoma Sooners. Garcia graduated this spring from Auburn and will be getting her masters in athletic leadership.
Brianna Godfrey graduated from CSC in 2022 and will play at Maryland next year after playing one season at Marshall. She won four state championships with the Panthers and played on the team since she was in sixth grade. Godfrey won 60 games and had an era of .71 .Offensively, she hit .450 with seven home runs and 86 RBIs.
In college, Godfrey earned her first win against Western Illinois and also hit well in the postseason, making the Sun Belt All-Conference Tournament Team with a three-hit game against South Alabama.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year
- NewsNovember 23, 2023Coral Springs Charter’s Catcher Stephanie Basso Makes College Pick