By: Matt Rothman
Andre Juhasz of the Coral Glades High School baseball team has officially committed to continue his baseball career at Palm Beach State College in 2021-22 after signing Wednesday morning.
Juhasz has been on the varsity baseball team at Coral Glades since he was a freshman and is set to play his senior year 2021.
Playing mostly in the outfield, Juhasz hit .306 as a freshman. He had five extra-base hits and drove in 11 RBI’s. Juhasz also made seven appearances on the mound, where he went 2-2 and earned a save.
As a junior in 2020, Juhasz got off to a red hot start after missing parts of the 2019 season. He was hitting nearly .600 in 22 at-bats and had his first high school home run during the shortened season resulting from COVID-19.
Juhasz is looking forward to the opportunity of playing collegiate baseball and joining his former teammate Max Penagos.
“I have the ambition and desire to play at the next level after college,” Juhasz said. “Every day, I try and do something to benefit me, whether it’s with hitting, working out, or continuing to improve my mentality and educating myself. In the end, I hope it all pays off.”
He lives in Coral Springs with his sister Ava and father, Attila, whom he credits a large part of his success. He also lives with his step-father, Mark Kaplan, who is the principal of Coral Glades High School.
His mom, Lisa, has helped him get to all of the tournaments he participated in when he was younger and Juhasz could not be more thankful for all of the help they have have given him to get to this point.
Juhasz played most of his little league in Coconut Creek and will join a college program that won 24 games in 2019 before winning 11 more before the season was canceled in 2020.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.03.07Freshmen Star Kate Maston Earns 1st Win in Coral Springs Charter Baseball Debut
- News2021.03.07Water Polo Teams at Coral Springs High School Have Terrific Seasons So Far
- News2021.03.07Coral Springs High School Boys Volleyball Win Opening 2 Matches of Season
- News2021.03.06Coral Springs Charter’s Terrell Taylor Posts Historic Wrestling Season at States