By Sharon Aron Baron
Just 57 years ago, Fort Lauderdale builders, James S. Hunt and Joe Taravella of Coral Ridge Properties had the vision to create a planned city from the ground up – and made their first land purchase for $1 million for 3,860 acres of green bean crops and cattle fields.
As a way of celebrating their anniversary as well as giving back to the community, city employees are supporting Coral Springs Food Banks by hosting a food donation drive on July 10.
“Our city staff are true public servants and are committed to developing new ways to assist those in need. Turning the city’s birthday celebration into a food drive is a great example of that commitment,” said City Manager Frank Baninec.
From 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., the City Hall garage will be the site of a Drive-Thru Food Drive where residents will remain in their car with their food donations in their trunk for in an easily accessible way to avoid person-to-person contact.
They are looking for the following items: canned tuna canned chicken, soups, pasta, spaghetti sauce, rice, black beans and pinto beans, macaroni and cheese, canned pasta, and meat (ravioli), peanut butter and jelly.
Residents may also drop off food donations at the City Hall lobby starting on July 1 through July 9, from 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday – Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Fridays. Face coverings are required when entering City Hall.
The City Hall Parking Garage is located at 9500 West Sample Road.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution