Photos Courtesy City of Coral Springs
By Sharon Aron Baron
On Thursday, the City of Coral Springs held a barbeque for the volunteers and nursing staff at the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 vaccination site at Coral Square Mall.
The site, which was the only vaccination site available in Coral Springs at the beginning of vaccination rollout, saw up to 1,200 people per day, providing a comforting light at the end of the COVID-19 pandemic tunnel for so many South Florida residents.
Since January 11, nearly 100 nurses and volunteers have served at the site administering over 61,590 vaccinations.
Their efficient, friendly service made a difference to thousands of people who desperately longed to return to a sense of normalcy due to the pandemic.
Since opening, the city has received hundreds of letters, emails, and social media messages of appreciation for the well-organized and friendly site operations.
The barbeque was held at Mullins Park.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.18Spring 2022 Softball Registration Open until January 31
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’