By: Matt Rothman
As one of nine other players who have committed from Coral Glades, Mastrianni will be joining teammate Faud Rivas with the Bobcats.
After playing for Piper High School to start his varsity career, Mastrianni transferred over to Coral Glades with a point to prove for his senior season, according to his coach Cam Thomas.
“I’m very proud of him,” Coach Thomas said. “He embraced the culture that we’re establishing at Coral Glades. He will forever be a JagBoy and left some very hard shoes to fill.”
Mastrianni contributed with Rivas on defense and had 73 tackles in six games, along with 13 of them go for a loss.
As a freshman in high school, he started playing football, giving all the glory to his coaches for pushing him to be his best. Playing for the Jaguars and Rivas for his final year as a senior was an experience he will never forget after the team’s first trip to the postseason in school history.
“I am beyond excited to play with Faud at the next level,” Mastrianni said. “He’s like a brother I never had, and we’re going to dominate together just like we did at Coral Glades, and we want to be the best linebacker and defensive tackle duo both Glades and Peru will ever see.”
He joins a program that won 19 games over three years from 2015-2017 and had their season cut short after three games this year.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final
- News2021.05.15Ordonez’s Walk-Off Home Run Wins Regionals for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball
- News2021.05.14Coral Springs Charter Baseball Memorable Season Ends in Regional Semifinals
- News2021.05.14Coral Springs Charter Softball Falls Short of 6th Straight State Championship