By: Matt Rothman
After winning regionals on Friday night, Coral Glades High School advanced to their fourth straight State competition.
The Jaguars competed against eight schools from Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties in the extra-large non-tumbling division.
“I thought the girls did really, really well,” said head coach Alison Madej. “They brought a lot of energy, and the crowd was energized by their performance.”
Seven seniors on the team have established the best school record winning two districts, three regionals, and the three state championships.
By scoring over a 70, Coral Glades will advance right to the finals like Coral Springs Charter. The Jaguars will compete on Friday, February 1, at the University of Florida.
While they also gained a spot in Nationals later next month, the Coral Springs school are still deciding if they will attend.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.25Coral Springs Charter Boys Basketball Team Wins 2nd Game This Season
- News2022.01.24Coral Springs High School Boys and Girls Basketball Host Senior Night
- News2022.01.24CSC Girls Basketball Wins Final Home Game on Senior Night