By: Jen Russon
Members of the Student Government Association at Coral Springs Charter School will be participating in their first-ever 5k Color Run, and encourages the community to participate with them for a great cause.
The Color Run organization describes it as the “happiest race on earth”, where participants can expect to be doused in colored powder, made of food-grade corn starch, at stations along the run. Proceeds raised will benefit the charter school’s Helping Hands Fund, which helps students and their families with medical expenses.
Helena Zepeda, a charter school student who lost four fingers in an ATV accident over the summer, is one of the people who will benefit from donations raised in this year’s event. Now a junior, she is involved in the SGA club at her school, where members must participate in at least 75 percent of the events hosted each quarter.
Attending the Color Run this November is an excellent way to help meet that quota.
The Color Run will take place on Saturday, November 17 on the track at Coral Glades High School. Registration is $20, for one of four separate wave times at 8:00, 8:30, 9:00 or 9:30 a.m. that morning.
Up to 50 people in each wave group will be sprayed from head-to-toe in mists of colorful paint, so be sure to wear clothing that is okay to be stained; a change of clothes and towel are recommended. Organizers at the event are asking participants to bring photo ID, and show up a half an hour before their wave times to finalize the registration process. All participants will receive a Color Run T-shirt.
The 5k will not be timed; water stations and EMT services are available. You can register for the CSCS SGA Color Run by visiting their site.
The Coral Springs High School Track is located at 2800 Sportsplex Drive. Additional parking is available at Dr. Paul’s Dog Park across from the school.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- News2021.10.21‘Girl Scouts Lead the Way’ Luncheon Raises More than $58,000 for Southeast Florida Troops
- Events2021.10.20Children’s Book Author in Coral Springs Publishes Best-Selling Halloween Tale
- News2021.10.19City Celebrates Emergency Nurses Day at Broward Health Coral Springs
- Events2021.10.12New ‘Witchy Wares’ Gift Shop in Coral Springs Offers Classes Including Tarot Readings