By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Glades and Coral Springs High School football teams are set for one of the most highly anticipated games of the season. This comes in a playoff matchup with the City Championship on the line in both team’s last games of the season.
After Coral Glades fell in their last game, they were scheduled to play Charles W. Flanagan High School, who the Colts defeated. However, the Jaguars had their opponent switched and will face off with Coral Springs.
Coral Glades Head Coach Cam Thomas said it was their first time they’ve played for a City Championship.
“If it is in our will and our power, we will be the champions.”
The Jaguars had a historic season as they made the playoffs for the first time in school history. They won three of their four games in the regular season with victories over Coral Springs Charter, J.P. Taravella, and Pompano Beach High School.
Coral Glades then played terrifically but fell by a combined three points in their two playoff games. They feel this will be the opportunity for them to finally get that first victory.
For the Colts, they come into this game having split their four games during the regular season. They fell in their opening playoff game but defeated Flanagan High School for their first playoff win in school history.
Head Coach Leonard Weaver is eager to see his team perform in the bright lights.
“I think it is a great opportunity for our kids and for Glades to compete in,” Weaver said. “We are extremely excited about it.”
This game will be played at Coral Glades High School on Thursday, December 17 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $5 and will go on sale Wednesday.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter