By Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School Bowling team, coached by Rickey Samuels, has been the top team in their division this season.
Individually, the Colts are led by Andysson Alleyne, one of the top bowlers in Florida. He averages a score of 232. His best score came during the fourth week of the season when he bowled a combined score of 491 in the two games. He also had a match where he combined for 484 pins and has never been below 438 in any match.
Coach Samuels’ son, Camron, is having a strong year and bowled a 245 and 225 earlier in November, but his best round came on Thursday when he fell one pin short of a 300. Camron bowled a 162 and then tied a Broward County high school record with a score of 299 in the second game.
Max Stone, who has a twin brother on the team, Sam, has three rounds this year over 175 while Sam has averaged 167 in his four matches. Tomas Cordero and Laszlo Kovacs are the final two bowlers on the boy’s team, and both average a score above 175 this season.
Sophia Kata and Shamoria Johnson also rank among the state’s top bowlers. Kata had had five rounds this year where she had a score of at least 200, with her best coming on November 12 when she bowled a 254. Johnson has played in six matches this year and has a high score of 224.
Next, on Monday, November 30, the team bowls in Davie at SpareZ for the County Championship.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.04.16Andre Barnes 10th Coral Glades Athlete to Commit to College this Year
- News2021.04.16Alex Bruno Makes History for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.04.165 Coral Springs Charter Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2021.04.16Coral Glades Jemina Mills Finishes Top 5 in Three Track and Field Events at Districts