By Jill Fox
A cookbook created by two siblings aims to inspire others to live healthier lives.
The inspiration began around the dinner table one night when Nicole and Jason Aucoin and their two children Brody and Cooper, talked about starting a business. Nicole, a dietician, explained how a successful business solves a problem, which led to a conversation about what problem their family could solve. Cooper had the idea to help kids eat healthier.
“This cookbook was the perfect opportunity to teach them how to start a business and inspire others to eat healthily,” said Nicole, who founded Healthy Steps Nutrition, a nutrition coaching program used at thousands of CrossFit gyms around the world.
Brody and Cooper, both ten, attend Country Hills Elementary School. They grew up in a blended household in Coral Springs, where both families focused on healthy eating.
“Now more than ever, people are realizing we need to take control and invest in our health, and it starts with what we eat,” said Nicole. “The kids wanted to inspire other kids with a cookbook the whole family would love.”
Within a few minutes, they had a drawing board out, and Brody and Cooper were planning their cookbook.
The children worked hard to pick out all of the recipes for the cookbook to inspire kids to eat healthily and get involved in the kitchen.
The entire process took about a year and includes almost 100 recipes, including Cooper’s favorites — sloppy joes and strawberry shortcake smoothies, and Brody’s favorites — cheesy beef and broccoli bake and egg muffins.
When the Healthy Kids Cookbook was released, the children hosted a book signing at CrossFit HSN, where dozens of other kids had their cookbooks signed by Brody and Cooper.
The children decided to donate the proceeds from the first 1,000 sales to Coastal Community Church Thanksgiving outreach program. The family bought food to make Thanksgiving baskets for families in need.
Nicole said the children were always taught about the importance of giving back.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.04.13Coral Glades Student Collects 61 Pairs of Eyeglasses For Those In Need
- Events2021.04.01Coral Springs Medical & Dental Offering Free Dental X-Rays and Exams in April
- News2021.03.27Coral Springs Sergeant At Marjory Stoneman Douglas During Massacre Honored by Florida House
- News2021.03.08Agreement Reached for Heron Bay Golf Club Purchase