By: Matt Rothman
On Thursday, Coral Springs High School held senior night for their soccer teams against Monarch.
The boys team played to a 2-2 draw against the Knights. Nicolas Morando had a goal and an assist, while Thanakrit Lakieo scored. The Colts also homered seniors Osamudiame Salami, Samuel Giraldo, David LaFleche, David Certuche, and Conroy Ottey.
The Colts tied against Monarch 2-2, with Lakieo and Nicolas Morando scoring goals before falling 3-0 against Charles W. Flanagan High School on Friday. CSHS is now 6-5-3 this year and will face Marjory Stoneman Douglas in their final game of the regular season on Thursday, January 18, at 4 p.m. The Eagles are 4-5-3 this year and won 6-1 in their only meeting last year.
The girls soccer team beat Moanrch 2-1 to move to 10-2-1 this year behind a pair of goals from Andrea Orjuela. She was also honored with Isabela Eloy, Kaylee Gonzalez, Briana McDonald, Luise Pereira, Fabiana Villegas Farias, Sophie Franklin, Isabella Atehortua, and Isabella Barlak.
They will play Stranahan High School on Tuesday, January 16, at 5 p.m. before playing Marjory Stoneman Douglas in their final game of the regular season. The Eagles are 8-1-2 this year and won 4-0 in their only meeting last year.
The boys basketball team will hold Senior Night on January 31 but beat Charles W. Flanagan High School 71-35 to move to 13-3. The Colts also had wins against South Broward High School and Coral Glades earlier this week.
The girls basketball team beat Charles W. Flanagan High School 46-26 and are now 9-4 this year. They previously beat Coral Glades 90-3 but fell by three against South Broward High School on January 8. Both teams will play Cypress Bay High School in their next game, with the girls starting at 6 p.m.
The wrestling team hosted a tournament and shined on Friday, beating Saint Andrews School 66-14 and Hollywood Hills High School 72-10.
The cheerleading team finished third place at the District Championship in the Small Non-Tumbling Division. The Colts faced Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Miramar, and South Broward High School. They will compete again in Regionals at Dillard High School on Friday, January 19.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Brianna Godfrey Nearly Perfect in Debut With Maryland