By: Jen Russon
The 21-and-up crowd in Coral Springs is invited to attend a Mix and Mingle ’Happy Hour,’ with the bonus of creating art on the second Wednesday of the month.
Jill Brown, museum director, said you don’t have to be a lover of the arts to enjoy yourself at this free event. It’s open to members and non-members alike, with the expectation there will be a lot of diversity.
“We’ve expanded our programs and lightened things up a bit,” said Brown.
She added how one in three businesses, including nonprofits, closed their doors during the pandemic, forcing necessary changes to how even museums are run.
“This isn’t a stuffy place where only art connoisseurs can have fun. It’s an opportunity to relax and be creative, as well as connect and get to know the people living in our community,” said Brown.
Visitors at the Mix and Mingle event can view the current exhibit, “RECONFIGURE,” by Argentinian artist Marina Gonella.
The only expense on Mix and Mingle night is the wine and beer bar, which takes cash. Music will be playing, and a raffle will take place.
“We’re partnering with local businesses to create a nice gift basket for our raffle winner,” said Brown.
Masks are optional since the museum began following new COVID-19 safety protocols, effective in Broward County on June 1st.
The first Mix and Mingle event is on Wednesday, June 9, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The museum is located at 2855A Coral Springs Drive.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.06.21Senior Activist Recognized by the City at 100th Birthday Party
- Events2021.06.09Next Stop Broadway Has Session 2 Summer Slots Still Available
- Events2021.06.03Coral Springs Museum of Art Debuts Mix and Mingle ‘Happy Hour’ Nights
- News2021.06.01Coral Springs Center of the Arts Director’s Son Battles Rare Form of Liver Cancer