By: Sharon Aron Baron
Pull up a lounge chair and enjoy the sounds of jazz and blues musician Jason Hanley this Sunday at the The Coral Springs Farmers Market.
Hanley, who has lived in Lake Worth, Florida for the past 12 years, was born in Detroit, Michigan and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina where he began playing guitar at the age of 15. His style is rooted in jazz and blues, and his sound ranges from funk to outright rage. His compositions move live audiences to laugh, cry, and get mad when getting mad matters. Then there’s his dreamy, mellifluous side that just lets you relax into an easy groove.
“Music ain’t just about hearing with your ears,” Hanley explained. “Your whole body is a receptor. I compare it to a painter’s pallet. The more colors the painter has available, the more he or she can paint what’s deep down inside.” Whether playing solo or with his collective Sound Proof, Hanley adjusts his repertoire to suit the gig. His group gives their all, and audiences find relief from the humdrum repetitions of the daily grind. When not performing, he’s composing in his studio, or recording other artists.
The Farmer’s Market also features fruit and vegetable farmers, specialty food producers including but not limited to artisan bakers, juicers, jelly & jam makers, as well as oil & vinegar mixologists will be selling their goods at the market.
Featured Market Vendor:
Gratitude Garden, are a small family run organic farm specializing in nutrient dense foods such as sprouts, micro greens, mushrooms, tumeric, ginger and fruits. They bring some high end gourmet mushrooms to that market that you will not find at any local grocers produce department.
Bring your chairs and shopping bags and relax this Sunday morning, February 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Downtown ArtWalk.
March 12, 2017
March 26, 2017
April 2, 2017
April 30, 2017- Jazz Brunch
The ArtWalk is located at 9405 NW 31st Court in Coral Springs. For more information, visit the CoralSpringsFarmersMarket.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.14Coral Springs-Parkland Firefighter Who Battled Cancer Laid to Rest