Students will hear from speakers about different areas of government and gain valuable experience by connecting with their community, peers, and elected officials.
By Jill Fox
State Rep. Christine Hunschofsky is launching a new high school internship program where students in grades 10 through 12 can learn more about the legislative process, specifically in Florida House District 96.
“I would like to empower the students and give them an opportunity for leadership,” said Hunschofsky, who said she enjoys working with young people, allowing them to see how the office works.
Although most of the program components will be done virtually, students will hear from speakers about different areas of government and gain valuable experience by connecting with their community, peers, and elected officials.
Interns also have an opportunity to network with civic leaders and gain a holistic understanding of public service.
Some students will learn clerical and research skills, while others may represent the office in meetings, create videos, or assist with special projects.
The internships are not limited to those with interest in local politics. Hunschofsky said students who enjoy communications, journalism, policy research, or local outreach should apply.
Open to students living within District 96, including portions of Coral Springs, Margate, Coconut Creek, and Parkland. (see map)
To be considered, call 954-956-5600 or email district aide Lisa Librizzi for an application. Service hours will be earned during the program.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.03.02MEDNAX Awards Four $20,000 Scholarships to Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seniors
- News2021.02.27Chris Hixon Memorial Run Raises $40,000 For Student-Athlete Scholarships
- Events2021.02.27Preparations Underway For Annual ‘Egg My Lawn’ Event Honoring Gina Montalto
- News2021.02.22Hair Color In Only 30 Minutes: Coral Springs Salon Moves In the ‘Root’ Direction