By: Jen Russon
Temple Beth Orr and its early childhood center members have plans to light up the night and lift community spirits by hosting a first-ever ‘Chanukah Drive-Thru Extravaganza’ in December.
Eileen Kaplan, director of the temple’s preschool, said she and her colleagues have been preparing for this event for months, knowing it’s a safe alternative for families who wish to celebrate safely during the ongoing pandemic.
“We want to bring the holiday spirit to our youngest children, our in-betweens, our young adults, fabulous 50’s and beyond,” said Kaplan.
Kaplan said teachers from the Kuhn Early Childhood Center made their costumes by hand and will be dressed up as menorahs and Maccabees, which families can see when they enter the parking lot and drive around the long temple driveway.
The drive-thru extravaganza celebrates eight days of Chanukah and its winter festival of lights. A giant dreidel, mensch on the bench, and enormous menorah are all part of the evening program, as well as the goody bags being handed out.
Temple Beth Orr staff encourage guests to deck out their cars for the holiday, adding they hope to make this new approach to celebrating Chanukah an annual tradition.
Families are urged to bring an unwrapped toy for Kids in Distress.
The extravaganza will take place on Sunday, December 13, from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and is just $10 with preregistration or $15 cash the night of the event. Sign up here. Temple Beth Orr is located at 2151 Riverside Drive.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at the imprint www.swallowpublishing.com. She lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2021.01.17Soccer Event Honoring Memory of Coral Springs Teen Raises Over $1,200
- News2021.01.13Coral Springs Family Grateful to Make-a-Wish for ‘Making a Dream Come True’
- News2021.01.08Teachers Set to Return to Classrooms Monday as Health Accommodations Expire
- News2021.01.08Vice Mayor Joshua Simmons on the Capitol Riots: ‘What I Saw Today Absolutely Disheartened Me’